Red Velvet Waffles with Maple Cream Drizzle
For breakfast, for dessert, these show-stopping Red Velvet Waffles are a sweet treat any time of day! This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil (neutral flavor like vegetable or avocado)
- Maple Cream Drizzle
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or monk fruit, any syrup will work)
- crushed nuts for garnish if desired
- Preheat your waffle maker
- Prepare maple cream icing.
- Slighty warm cream cheese in microwave to soften & slowly stir in syrup. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray, then add the appropriate amount of batter for your waffle maker & cook as directed.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in 200° oven. Garnish with whipped topping, nuts & maple cream drizzle if desired.
A healthy breakfast item this is not! But what a beautiful & delicious treat for a special breakfast or top off with ice cream & a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a decadent & unique dessert. Waffles aren't just for breakfast anymore. Share your favorite variations & if you like the recipe, share with your friends! Thanks for stopping by. -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!