Puppy Chow Wow aka Muddy Buddies
Everyone loves this snack, no matter what you call it! It's so easy, & so addicting. Never tried it? You'll be hooked & saying puppy chow...wow! This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you.
- 2 cups chocolate chips, dark, semi, or milk
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 12 oz Crispix cereal (smaller box)
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar or substitute
- Melt chocolate chips, butter & peanut butter in extra large bowl (5 qts. or larger) in microwave. Preferably use a bowl that has a secure lid. Set lid aside for now.
- Stir every 30 seconds until chips are melted & all ingredients are well blended. Be careful not to overcook or burn.
- Gently stir in cereal until all pieces are coated.
- Add powdered sugar. Place lid on bowl & make sure it's secure. Then gently shake.
- If you don't have a large covered bowl, put cereal mixture & powdered sugar in large bag & shake.
- Check to see if all pieces are coated with powdered sugar, continue shaking & add more powdered sugar if desired. Make it as powdered sugary as you prefer!
You can use any kind of Chex type cereal as well, but Crispix seems to hold up the best. It can be kept in the freezer & tastes great frozen as well. Put in small decorative bags for portable & great snack gifts! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!