Ohhh Pistachio Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Why make boring cupcakes when you can add a few simple ingredients to a cake mix & make these fabulous Pistachio Cupcakes! Top them off with cream cheese frosting & you will be saying Ohhh!! Moist, full of flavor & easy! This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding mix (sift out nuts if desired & set aside 2 tbsp for frosting)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable, avocado, any neutral flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Green food coloring if desired for cake/frosting
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners (24)
- Blend cake mix, pudding mix, milk, eggs, oil, vanilla & flour on medium speed of stand mixer for 2 minutes
- Pour into cupcake liners & bake on middle rack in oven for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack.
- Prepare frosting by blending cream cheese, butter & pudding mix with hand mixer. Add powdered sugar gradually until it reaches your desired consistency
- Spread or pipe on cupcakes
You can also use any type of cake pan if you don't want to make cupcakes. Follow the baking instructions on the cake mix. There are so few tiny little pistachios in the pudding mix, so I prefer to sift them out. But you could add more crushed pistachios to the cake or sprinkle on top of the frosting While this is a great recipe for anytime, I especially love it for spring! There are so many fun decorating options. Please share your ideas! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!