It's jam, compote, ice cream topping, preserves. Call it whatever you want. It's great on just about anything! I enjoy it most with lemon yogurt, pancakes, ice cream, toast & grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Place blueberries in small saucepan
- Dissolve cornstarch in vinegar. Use small whisk if needed to remove lumps.
- Add vinegar mixture & brown sugar to blueberries & cook on stovetop, medium heat.
- Smash berries with spoon & stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. Let cool. Store in covered glass container in refrigerator for up to several days. Blueberry may stain plastic bowl.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. I just about always have this in our refrigerator. Get creative with it! Let me know your favorite use. Blueberries are the king of antioxidant foods. Low in calories, high in fiber, vitamin c & vitamin k. And they're yummy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!