Veggie, Ham & Cheese Lasagna with White Sauce
This is a great way to use up that leftover holiday ham! But you can substitute whatever you like, add some vegetables & you have a great non-traditional lasagna. This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- 9 oven ready lasagna noodles (more if using a larger pan)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cups finely chopped vegetables (I used onions, broccoli & mushrooms this time)
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped ham (food processor works great)
- Preheat oven to 350° & grease a 9"x12" pan or what size you have closest to that
- If you don't have oven ready lasagna noodles, then cook noodles first & set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet, add vegetables & stir until tender
- Stir in flour, then add milk, stirring until thickened
- Add cottage cheese & 1 cup of the monterey jack cheese & stir until melted
- Stir in ham & remove from heat
- Place 3 noodles (or more) to cover bottom of pan, add layer of meat sauce & repeat for 2 more layers
- Sprinkle remaining monterey jack cheese on top & cover pan with foil
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil & continue baking until light golden brown & noodles are tender, up to an additional 10 minutes
I love this recipe because it's easy to change! Use whatever meat you have on hand (I'm trying seafood next), & whatever vegetables you have on hand or works best with your meat. Works great as just a veggie lasagna as well. Please share your favorite flavor combination! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!