Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
Two layers of chocolate chip bars with a layer of gooey caramel in the middle. If these don't satisfy your sweet tooth, nothing will!! This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- Preheat oven to 350° & move a rack to the middle position
- Prepare your caramel mixture. Melt the caramels, condensed milk & 1/4 tsp salt in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until all the caramels have melted. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the butter & sugars & beat until light & fluffy. Add eggs & beat until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except chips & coarse salt, adding flour gradually until you get a stiff, slightly sticky dough. You may have to stir in the last of the flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press half of the dough into your pan & pour caramel mixture on top.
- Drop the remaining dough on top of the caramel mixture & spread out as much as you can then sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes on middle rack until the edges are set & the center is still slightly soft.
- By all means indulge when they're still warm....but they will cut much nicer after they have cooled!
You can use any type of chocolate chips, dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate. I like using the dark chips for their rich flavor & because these bars are so sweet already, they don't need a really sweet chocolate. These are definitely a decadent treat. Enjoy! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!