Bye, bye buttermilk! Sour Cream is the new star for pancake perfection. These are light & fluffy with a rich, delicious flavor.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & stir until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter in desired size onto greased & pre-heated pan or griddle.
- Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface & the edges are set, 1-3 minutes, but will vary, depending on the heat source.
- Flip & cook for another minute or 2 until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings such as syrup, fruit, nuts.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. You can substitute other types of flour, but white all purpose flour will give you the lightest & fluffiest cakes. Another key to light & fluffy cakes is NOT overmixing the batter. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! I have made these for my family more times than I can count. Now, I rarely order pancakes when we go out for breakfast, because they ususally aren't as good as these! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!