Fudgy Avocado Brownies
Avocados make just about every "healthy foods" list. So why not enjoy them in brownies! I won't call these healthy, but they are much healthier than their full sugar/full fat counterparts. Do they taste the same? NO! They are a different kind of delicious & a perfect sweet, chocolately low-sugar "fix". Have you had your avocado today?
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (4 oz individual cup)
- 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, monk fruit syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4-1 cup mix-ins (dark chocolate chips, walnuts, your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In blender or food processor blend avocado, applesauce & syrup. You can use an electric mixer, but you will probably have avocado lumps.
- In mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add avocado mixture & vanilla & blend.
- If your cocoa is lumpy, sift & then stir into avocado mixture, along with flour, soda, salt & protein powder until well blended.
- Stir in your mix-ins.
- Place in greased 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan.
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 15-18 minutes until they start pulling away from edges & feel slightly spongy when touched. If you overbake, they can get dry.
- Dust with powdered sugar substitute, & enjoy!
This recipe contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using a link, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. You can substitute other flours, but keep in mind that will affect the texture & you may need more or less. You can frost them to make a more decadent treat. Please share your ideas & I hope you enjoy them!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!