Fluffy, No Lumpy Mashed Potatoes
Ricing your potatoes before mashing is the key to fluffy, no lumpy mashed potatoes! Then add the good stuff & you have the ultimate comfort food. This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- 5 medium sized boiled potatoes. The instant pot works great. Skin on or off.
- 1/4 cup softened or melted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (optional, to taste)
- 2 tsp chopped chives (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
- Rice potatoes using a potato ricer
- Add all ingredients & mash using a potato masher until thoroughly mixed
- Any ingredients can be increased or decreased to your taste preference
Once you use a ricer for your mashed potatoes, you'll never go back. Hand mixers can make them so gummy. Once you rice them, there are no lumps & it's so easy to fluff them up with a masher. Make them even more special by adding some cheese! How you, "do" your mashed potatoes? Please share! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!