Easy No-Knead Bread Anyone Can Make
Bread doesn't get any easier than this & it's SO good! The dense, chewy texture is perfect for toasting, dunking in soup or dipping in your favorite oils/vinegars!
- 3-1/2 cups flour all purpose or bread flour, white works best with this recipe
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients
- Add water & stir until combined
- Cover & let rest at room temperature for 8-24 hours
- Turn out onto floured parchment paper. Add more flour if dough is too sticky to handle. Form into desired shape. Pick up by the parchment paper & place into pan.
- Let rest for 30-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°. If using an enameled cast iron pot, you can pre-heat the pot in the oven, but it's not necessary.
- Slash an X on the top of the bread. Kitchen shears work best.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover & bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 190° or it's golden brown & sounds hollow when you thump the bottom of the loaf.
- Remove from pan & placing on cooling rack. Try to let it cool before slicing, or slice right away & eat warm, smooshed slices with lots of butter!!!!
This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase a product using one of the links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. I have made this bread more times than I can count over the years, & it always turns out great. In the unlikely event there is any left past a couple of days, slice it up & freeze it before it drys out. This recipe works best with white flour, but watch for variations I will share in the near future.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!