Buttercake Glazed Cookies
The buttery deliciousness of butter cake, in a melt-in-your mouth cookie! No one will guess they are so easy to make with a cake mix & a few added ingredients. The easy glaze is the crowning touch. This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add cake mix, then remaining ingredients & mix on low speed until combined. Dough will be thick.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out dough onto cookie sheet in desired size & flatten. They will spread out very little in the oven.
- Bake on the bottom rack of oven for approximately 5 minutes, then move to middle rack for another 2 minutes or so. Ovens vary, so make a test cookie first, if desired. Do not overbake.
- Cool on wire rack
- Prepare glaze by combining all ingredients & heat in microwave until sugar is dissolved & it has slightly thickened. Stir every 30 seconds to avoid burning.
- Drizzle on cookies
- After glaze has set for a few minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar
In all my years of sharing my baked goods, these cookies, by far, are the favorite. Sometimes, I wonder why! I guess, it's just that they are so easy that I don't expect them to be such a big hit. But they always are. And they are.....oh, so good. As with any cake mix baked goods, they tend to dry out a little faster, so it's best to eat them soon after baking. However, I've never had a batch last longer than a day. Give them a try & let me know what you think! -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!