Banana Oat Squares
The yummy taste of banana bread, without the flour & sugar. A healthy & nutritious snack anytime, or great for breakfast. This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
- 4-5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oatmeal, quick or regular
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 cup mix ins (dark chocolate, nuts, coconut, dried fruit)
- 2 tbsp protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute (optional - Truvia, Swerve)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all ingredients & stir just until well mixed
- Place in greased 9x9 cake pan
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 16-20 minutes until the edges are set & the middle looks almost done
I was so surprised the first time I made these...how they could taste so much like banana bread, without the flour! You could bake in a loaf pan or as muffins, too, but you will have to adjust the baking time. The bananas make them pretty sweet, but adding the brown sugar substitute definitely adds flavor & sweetness. -Connie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!